PERFECT BEGINNING


It had been 15 minutes I was refreshing the tab of my mobile phone browser, waiting for a reply from Paridhi. The message was not yet seen by her. I thought that she must be asleep as it were minutes passed midnight. So I kept my mobile phone aside and struggled to sleep. I was changing my sides again and again but no signs of drowsiness, maybe a long nap in the evening stood the reason. Again I logged in to facebook on the mobile browser to check the news feed; there was an unread message in my inbox, to my surprise Paridhi had replied.
“Hey I’m fine. What about you?”
“Same here!” I tried to act formal, as showing excitement in the beginning itself would create a mess.
“What you doing?” I asked.
“I was studying. Got too much of its dose, so logged in.”           
“Studying! So late?”
“Yea, it’s our boards going on.” She replied.
“Oh HSC. So how were exams so far?” I questioned.
“Going great till now. Didn’t expect them to be that easy.”
“Ah you seem to be a scholar!” I tried to tease her.
“No! It’s not like that. I had already done with the preparation of it, so this far it were easy.” She tried to explain me.
“Wow, that’s nice.”
Paridhi was a bright student as per the information our mutual friend had given me, and I could see that.
“You are in SY right?” she asked.
“Yes I am.” I replied in a surprise.
“Subjects?”
“Philosophy, political science and English literature.” I said.
“Kind of a weird combination!”
“Yes! I know.”
“Hey your blog, I’ve read it a day before yesterday.”
“You did?” as I was not expecting her to read it.
“Yes I did, and you know what it’s amazing.”
“Thank you!” I responded.
“Pleasure! In fact it inspired me a lot to write more.” She added.
“Really? Thanks once again.” were the expression of gratitude from me.
It feels good when someone praises your work, and even better when someone close to our heart does, it inspires us.
“Can I ask you a question?” she asked.
“Feel free to!” I replied.
“The last upload on your blog, ‘COINCIDENCE’ is it a real story or something fictional?”
“Ha-ha many of them asked me the same. It’s a real one. Happened with me a couple of years ago.”
“Wow! Seems you had a hard time then.” She exclaimed.
“Umm yes, but it is past now.”
This conversation was turning out much more than what I expected. The way she was talking was really very nice, not even an inch of attitude problem. Same as I noticed her in the college. After that ‘Coincidence’ girl, she was the only one who made her way through my mind and finally settled into my heart. I’ve promised myself, not to fall for anyone after the past incident, but my promise stood a sand castle in front of a sea wave, we all know the consequences. Our conversations continued further.
“You never met her after that?” she asked.
“No! Probably it was the last time. Never got another chance.”
“Still like her?”
“First crush is always special, isn’t it?” I questioned.
“It is!” she replied quickly.
“You too have good command on your language; I am impressed with your write-ups.” I mentioned as she was also a great story teller.
“Thank you! It’s just a hobby so far.”
“Well a pretty good hobby I must say.” I added.
She replied with a smiley.
“So when is your next exam?” I asked.
“Thursday. Its economics.”
“Prepared?” I questioned.
“Yep! Just a little revision and I’m done.”
Paridhi had really managed to keep the boards pressure off her mind, she was so focused, and confident in her every statement, or else others just keep banging heads when it comes to board exams.
“Great! Best wishes to you.” I greeted her.
“Thank you.” She replied. “Feeling sleepy right now, we will chat later. Bye, good night, sweet dreams.”
“Bye bye!” My night had already turned great talking to her, and she was the sweetest of my dreams. “Good night.” I replied and again greeted her for the next exam.


The lights were dim, but still managed to light up the corners of the room, fresh flowers spread their aroma in the atmosphere, soft music playing in the background, air conditioner cooling up the place, silk curtains on the door and windows added a royal touch to the environment. In the centre a circular table was placed covered with a pearl white silk table cloth, upon which a candle stand stood firm with a count of three candles on it. Pair of wine glasses was placed on the table which resembled pure art in its structure. Bottle of red wine was enough to complete the scene. I was wearing a purple diamond cuffed shirt, followed by a black blazer and black formal trouser. Leather belt analogue wrists watch and leather shoes. It was already 7 in the clock, “She would be here any moment.” I said to myself. Someone pressed the doorbell; I rushed to open the door. “Oh it’s you!”  Delivery boy came with the parcel I had ordered an hour ago, I collected it and stored it in the refrigerator.
It was around 7.30 now but she still didn't show her presence. I was checking the time again and again, calling her, texting her but she did not bother to reply. I thought all this arrangement's  would be wasted if she did not show up. There rang the doorbell again, this time I was sure that it must be her. I unlocked the door and there she was standing in front of me.
 I was lost for the moment I saw her, totally dumbfounded, out of my senses. “Wow! You look simply amazing.” I said. Paridhi was wearing a black flapper dress; she also wore a platinum chain around her neck which had a diamond pendent in it, matching diamond earrings glittered as I was looking at her. French roll had got the hold of her silky hairs which was a perfect match to the dress. Not much of makeup just mascara and eyeliner highlighted the eyes, lipstick which was pink in shade contrasted her lips refining its edges. A bracelet in her wrist completed the whole attire. She was just mesmerizing, beauty down to earth. Every man would dream about such a girl in his life.     
“Can we go in?” She asked for my permission to get inside.
“Oh, sorry I was just... anyways sure get in.” I said regaining my senses.
“You did all these?” She questioned in exclamatory voice, as she was surely surprised with all the arraignments I’ve done.
“Yes! I did.” I replied blushing.
She appreciated my efforts by signalling thumbs up to me.
“May I?” I said pulling back the chair for her to sit.
I lighted all the three candles; they added a charming glow to her face.
“Some wine madam?” I said smiling, holding the red wine bottle in my hand.
She just nodded her head. I poured generous amount of wine in both the glasses which made the glass look even beautiful. I reached to my seat. We clink our glasses and had a small sip of the preserved juice.
“Paridhi, I want to tell you something.”
“What is it?” She said.
“I have written something for you can I just read it out?” I asked.
“umm-hmm...” she moaned.
I stood up, removed the paper from my pockets, went down my knees and started;


“I was waiting for a girl like you to be in my life. You are cute, sweet, attractive, elegant, graceful etc all the words which narrates beauty. You entered my life when I was at the worst of it, your presence made me rise up my situation. We were friends and now we are much more than friends. We talked, we fight, agree-disagree, shared good memories together, almost everything a couple does. But none of us has expressed our feelings to each other, so I take the initiative.”
Paridhi was staring at me without blinking, having a smile on her face.
I continued further;
“There was a boy who always believed in love. He realized the emotions under it at a very tender age. He started chasing something which was already someone else’s, when he came to know the reality he was shattered, devastated. But the boldness of his heart stabilized him within some time. He got back to normal track of life. He had decided not to chase anyone anymore, but his decision could not stand in front of a girl who he saw in the college. She entered his life as an angel. Each time she smiled, he would get lost in the fairyland. He always thought about getting her out of his mind, but that would in fact push her inn deeper. This way she was successful to reach his heart. Now he was again chasing a dream, this time he kept a clear vision. It took some months for him to reach in front of her, establish a good image in her mind and slowly slide down towards her heart. Everything was going great so far, relationship was just a little far to reach. He decided to complete the distance. He asked her to go on a date with him, she agreed. Today they are sitting in front of each other, taking the advantage of this situation he said, ‘Paridhi I love you!’ and was waiting for a reply.” Saying this I asked her for her hand.
Her eyes already moist, pressing her lips between her teeth. She offered me her hand and was about to say when the alarm rang loud waking me up.
“Gosh! It was a dream. Everything seemed so real, she was about to express when this damn alarm rang.” I said to myself.
I didn’t log out from facebook the last night, I went to my inbox, thought reading her messages would freshen me up.
  “What! This can’t be happening. ‘Hi, how are you?’ where are the remaining messages? No don’t say it was a dream too! And she had seen this one at 12.45am but didn’t reply.” I was so baffled as well as angry that moment, she didn’t even reply.




It was a kind of dream which made me feel the warmth of relationship. I was asleep long ago, before I could even realize all this pictures started running through my mind, they all were perfectly plotted. The whole sequence was very much realistic in nature. Making her my friend was one of my dreams and going on a date together was even the dream of my dreams. She is someone I got attracted of at the very first glimpse; my presence was noticed by her after few months. Both of us have many qualities in common, and they say, ‘opposite attracts’ but maybe this time same poles can get attach to each other, ‘fingers crossed!”  The future is not decided yet nor written anywhere; all it takes is positive attitude and a confident approach. If you hold these qualities you can surely achieve your dreams. Now it’s time to decide where this all will end, but for that there must be a, “PERFECT BEGINNING.”


 “Well there is a chance to recreate this dream into reality as her reply is still on hold, now just waiting for the right timing for the right innings to be played.”


“I never say that her presence in my life would complete my world, but her absence keeps it incomplete.”
                                                                                                                    
-ROHIT .M NIKAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials