The Refuge

Echos of the footsteps, falling on my ears. So silent, so numb was the corridor, with me alone. Darkness so black such no light could enter, breathing heavy, blind sighted, I kept moving in search of that unlocked door.
In the corner I saw a streak of light, unfolding the black with its mighty white. It was a door which was made of gold, bright and sparkling, engraved with the finest carvings. Studded with jewels and diamonds, giving off a shimmering reflection. Possessing richness, royalty, pride and prestige, it stood high, strong in its stance, latched with platinum, locked with arrogance.
I thought knocking on it, but failed. Feeling the uneasiness to bear the richness the pain behind it. I moved my hands on the shimmering gold, the precious jewels. They all together were pulling me towards them. I was the iron, they the magnet.
Moving a step behind, I kept praising the beauty, so far, yet so beautiful. Turning around, I decided to blindfold myself, in the pitch blackness. Ignoring the presence of the vast, enormous door to find a refuge. It kept calling me, teasing me, making me go numb whenever I turned around to look at it.
I kept walking. Away from the monument so rich, so adored. Making the movements of my lower body go infinite on the slippery turned surface.
At a distance, I found an opening, just a circular opening. Bright and white. Small and cramped. I walked towards it, in an attempt to get refuge on the other-side. Making me go on my knees, I passed through it. Entering a place of total whiteness.
Though the darkness was overthrown, I was surprised to find the same golden door, which I left behind. Now standing in front of it once again getting a chance to knock. So did I, tearing the silence of the scene. The door remained locked. Starting to fade into thin air, making me stand baffled on the pearl surface. Before I could collect my senses, another door emerged out of no where. Wooden texture, fine carvings, yet lacking arrogance. The warmth of its beauty was enough to melt me down just by looking at it.
How badly I was hoping to get refuge on the other-side, moving ahead to make an attempt, though carrying the fear of dismissal. No sooner I reached close, it unlocked itself, making it half open for me. It was just a gentle push I made, to enter the world so lively, so vibrant. Getting a haven I never expected of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials

The Distance Continued.........