The Connection

Afternoon

A lazy summer afternoon, the sun burning bright over our heads, tanning our bodies. We walked across the bridge talking on useless topics. Laughing, commenting on the posters hung across the buildings, sweating, dehydrating due to the heat. The sun poured on this side of the earth. The conversation was more about the nonsensical topics rather than that of flirting and romance, like most of the couples do.
The person besides me was the one who made her presence in my life without even making me aware of it. It was a sudden turnover which created a strong bond between the both of us. It was just a handful of meetings when we both were together, alone, still maintaining a distance. 
We kept walking till we found a place to rest ourselves on. Tired and exhausted, sitting on the concrete stretch of diversion cornering the two footpaths. The huge peepal tree, providing its shade and the continuous flow of the cold breeze in this warm afternoon. The sound of vehicles and the loudness of the people around were interrupting the dialogues we had. But it was the reason she paused, smiled and hid her face into her palms, due to the incomplete sentences; it was all worth it. I was the one sitting quite most of the time, watching her giggle form time to time at her own flaws.
Her cheeks turning pink, making my eyes gaze at them, smiling to myself like an idiot. I was consciously subconscious at the moment, filling my eyes with the tanned beauty.
There was a sudden silence, when she turned  to face me, ticking her untied hair behind her ears and narrowing her sharp eyes at mine.
"What?" I asked.
"I'm the one who is talking all this time. You're just nodding!" she pointed out nodding herself.
"Oh! Right. Well.......” I laughed, still illiterate about how to continue the conversation.
"Say something no!" She said stretching her voice.
"Ummmnn..." *A Big Pause*
She, now watching the moving traffic, covered her lips with her fingers.
Breaking out the chaotic silence I asked in a minor tone,
"Where did it all began?"

                                                                                                                                    -To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials