The Connection

The flash back 

I was constantly staring at the ceiling fan, moving in a circular motion, yet not able to provide me with any supply of air, due to its speed. Though the temperature in Alibaug falls down by the night, the mosquitoes don't.
Vishal was lying beside me, engaging himself in the same act, that of mine. *Lying still and straight. Hands folded behind head, using it as a double for the pillow. Eyes focused straight on the machine hanging on the ceiling. Empty mind.*
No sooner my cell phone beeped, I jumped across Vishal, landing on the marble flooring; cracking some spilled chips and kicking the cold drinks bottles which were already gulped down by us. Reaching the window where laid my mobile. The only place, in the entire room where it got hold of some network provided by the service provider, who claimed of reaching the most orthodox corners of India.
“Who is it?” questioned Vishal.
“The same person who was minutes ago.” I said reading the message.
“Continue!”
I replied to the text and plugged my pocket buddy to suck some power from the electric switch. Hopping back on the bed, I returned to the position I was suspended from.
Breathing deep, I said, “It’s so quite here."
“Hmmm.”
“I don't feel like returning home with such peace around. This is exactly what we need in our hectic lives.”
No reply.
I turned towards him when he said, “Rohit! Can I tell you something?”
“Yes, of course! What is it?”
“Why don't you try out with Sayali?”
I couldn't control the sudden burst of laughter.
“It’s your call, I'm just saying.”
“It does sound good. But hey, it’s me. Rohit, remember?” I replied sarcastically.
“That’s why I'm asking you so!” His voice pitched serious this time. “Anyways, let it be. I only suggested.”
“Not a bad suggestion at all” I said more to myself than to him.
It was just a few minutes of silence when my mobile beeped again.
“See, it’s still a free suggestion!” Vishal smiled teasingly.
“Keep it to yourself!” I replied, rushing towards the mobile.


“Actually, I didn't notice you during the RNC's trek.” I replied awkwardly to her question.
“Really?”
“Ummn.... Yes!”
"So when did you came to know about my existence?" She sounded harsh this time.
"With Chetna. You were with Chetna. That's when I noticed you for the first time." I typed hurriedly and pressed enter.
"Oh! Okay."
Killer! That was a conversation killer.


                                                                                                            - To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials

The Distance Continued.........