The Connection

Confession

We were all staring at the laptop's screen, watching Aumkar and Nikhil sorting out the engagement pictures they'd captured a week ago, as they were assigned to it. We occupied the second last table towards the junior college in the deserted canteen. It was one of many other jobless evenings spent in the college premises. No sooner I stretched myself from the end of my spine to give a clumsy yawn, than my eyes noticed someone at the other end of this narrow roofed space. Hiding myself, going low on the seat and engaging in useless activity on my mobile phone, I tried ignoring. Very tactfully, I caught a glimpse from the corner of my eye.
Just after some gaunt giggles and low pitched humming falling on my ears, I found Sayali storming away from Aanchal, hiding an obvious blush on her face, moving rapidly and unstably towards the junior college. A few steps and she was about to pass by us, when our eyes met.
"Hey!" She waved, pasting a nervous smile on her face.
It was just a blink of second, when I smiled back at her, when she, with a great momentum of her legs, got away from my eyesight. Aanchal was chasing her, asking her to stop. She greeted me with her sparkling smile and continued her chase. I kept staring at the laptop's screen, covering my lips that were already smiling at her with those sweaty palms. Later realizing eight pairs of questioning eyes were directed towards me, and the storm of silly questions.


“That's your crush?”
“She was!”
“She's pretty!”
“Ah! I know. She is.”
“Does she know?”
“So far... No!”
Going topic less after all the formal and informal talks, we were now talking about our crushes. Because my list was as long as drives on a circular track which never ended, she asked me to shortlist the names of those whom I actually liked. So now we were talking about ‘Paridhi’ my classmate. The girl I had a big time crush on. Sayali was keen to know about her. She was continuously asking me questions, “Is she in our college? Where is she now? Do both of you talk? Etc” She even asked me to send her a picture. I did so without hesitation. I continued answering all her further questions.
“Why didn't you tell her?”
“Is it necessary?”
“This isn’t fair!”
“Then what is?”
“She should know about it. At least express what you feel.”
“It’s better I don't.”
“You should!”
“Bad idea, Sayali.”
“But...”
“Never mind.” I tried adding a full stop to the topic. But she was on the urge of getting my feelings confessed to Paridhi, straight from me.
“Why don't you give it a try?” She continued.
“What better can it do?”
“A lot! You never know.” She said in a convincing text, “See, girls never express themselves in the first place. So whatever initiative is taken must be taken by you.”
I had to think over those words. Yes they were accurate. A girl would never come forward to propose a guy. It’s us, who need to make a move.
“Are you sure?” I questioned, “Because I don't want it to tremble our friendship!”
“I guarantee! It will not.”
“But I can't tell her directly. Lack of guts you know.”
“Haha! I can understand.” Laughing she continued, “Do what you can do easily. Write!”
“Oh yes! Like a confession. I can give it a try!”
“You better do!” She ordered.
“Okay then. Done!” I ended up saying, “I will send the write-up to you first, get an approval and then forward it to Paridhi.”
“Feel free to do that.” She replied with a winking smiley.
I managed to jumble up the write-up till the next evening. Sayali was the first person to receive it.
“Let me know how it is.” I added, “Your reviews decide the forwarding of this piece.”
Hours passed by, but it seemed Sayali didn't bother to reply even after receiving the text. I logged in to Facebook where I found some messages in my inbox.
“Rohit, listen. Network problems. Just wanted to tell you that the write-up is awesome! Send it to her. She'll be flattered.”


“Paridhi! I have written something for you. Wait, I'll send.”
“The Confession
I want to confess! The things I've kept hidden, from
YOU, though it’s late, though its waste.
It was your first glimpse which made my eyes
search for you, in the silence of the classroom, in
the restless quad, in the aromatic canteen, on your
way back home.
Those few moments we share together, making Me
think of you more than ever.
I now confess all the things I've kept hidden this
far, hidden from you, from the world so vast.
Just your smile makes my soul go crazy, every
time you talk with me, the time goes lazy. Lost in
the laziness of the time, I lye here wondering,
“When will my subconscious heart express its
conscious feelings, such is the theme of the
dreams I'm weaving.”
Collecting the courage was all I did this far, even
though not subtle enough to stack up the words in
this final hour. Somehow I managed to create this
piece, unable to elaborate till its finest keys.
This is the confession I make, in front of YOU,
“That...”
“I just read the last line!” Exclaimed Paridhi, “...I have a crush on you!”
                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                       -To be continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials

The Distance Continued.........