The Connection

Foreseeing 

       I was all alone in the college canteen, trying to break my own record of 218 in the game 'Flappy Bird'. People passing by were giving me odd looks, as it was considered to be one of the most irritating games of all time. I just reached a decent 100 when the screen switched to an incoming call notifier. Sliding my thumb across the screen I answered the call, pressing the earpiece in I tried to listen to the voice on the other end.
“Hello.” The voice called out. 
“Hello.”
“Hello..? Hello? Can't hear you... Hello?” *Network issues*
“Hello... Okay now? Can you?” I said standing up. 
“Yes!” The person replied, “Where are you?”
“Canteen.”
        The line went dead, navigating me back to the game window, where the bird stood frozen in mid air waiting for a tap on the screen. I did without any further delay, but the bird crashed on the bright green colored pipe. *Game Over*
       “Enough!” I said to myself making an exit from the game, opening the media player. I was halfway down my playlist when I remembered the wasted earphone jack and the speaker of my mobile phone. Returning to my home screen, I kept staring at the regularly used application icons. 
 “Sir!” A guy shouted, pushing my thoughts aside making me think about this ‘Sir’ who comes to the college canteen at these evening hours, making students shout his name with a feeling of excitement.
       I was sitting in front of the water cooler, my vision stretched till the coupon counter. And there he was! The loud 'Sir' now made sense to my thoughts. Shaking hands with the guy from the junior college, he came directly towards me. Throwing his backpack over the black marble he made himself comfortable on that humble setting. Wait, 'Sir' can't just come and settle down besides you.


(Ten seconds earlier)
        
        The junior guy made a hustle towards his 'sir', shook hands with him and received his warm blessings. Already done with signing autographs in thin air, ‘Sir’ made a move. I could see him walking towards me, unplugging the ear phones which he shoved into his backpack. Tackling the spiced air in the canteen with his fairly built structure, he set his short trimmed hair. As if it were choreographed, he dabbed clean the few droplets of sweat with his polo t-shirt. As he walked down the lime colored ceramic ramp, he made limelight for himself. Someone had quoted very well, “He walks like a celebrity.” Indeed he does. The charismatic persona, he carried a spotlight over himself making others doubt their own presence. He was Rohan. Mr. ROHAN NAGOTKAR.
(Back to real time)
“Where's everyone?” He asked in his vernacularly urban accent. 
“Abhishek just left, Gaurav and Vishal are on their way to college and um... Yea that's it!” I replied. 
“Good.” Without any further inquiries he asked, “What’s the scene?”
“What scene are you talking about?”
“The Sayali scene.”

“What are you saying?”
“In simple words, it is always beneficial to be with a writer.” I replied to her baffled reaction.
“And how is that?”
“If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die.” I quoted a line from the internet. 
“I'm still not getting you.”
“See, if a guy who is a writer falls in love with a girl, he will compose poems, write stories and quotes for her. And the literal meaning of it is, she will live eternally in his writings.”
“I have decided. I want a writer.” She replied without any hesitation, greedy about an infinite life tied up in someone else's words. 
“Well, you're talking to one.”
“Hehe, yes!”
“I know, I'm not that good. But give me a chance. You won't regret.”
“Actually you're pretty good.”
“So what's the problem?”
“Eh... I don't know.”
“Haha... I'm so bad at flirting.”
“Indeed!”
“Hmm... Better luck next time girl.”
“I wish you luck!” She replied by adding a thumbs up. 
“Thanks a lot. I need it.”
“Never mind!” She typed further, “How's it going with Paridhi?”
*sighs*
“The same actually.”
“You talk to her, right?”
“Of course I do.”
“Good! Just wait for things to work out.”

“Yes.”

“Yeah!”

*Awkward silence*

Another ray of hope coming from nowhere.

                                                         - To be continued...                                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COINCIDENCE

Photography Essentials